Friday, March 29, 2013

Summer Time Music







So I know spring has just sprung upon us, but I can't help but miss the days of lounging in the sun while listening to music that went perfectly with the summer time rays. So while walking around in the beautiful weather today I put together a list of  top ten songs that remind me of summer, all for different reasons....

1. Sacrilege- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
       This song is summer-tatstic to me for a bit of a nerdy reason I suppose. This song is my official True Blood season 6 song and nothing goes better with the summer time than a nice tall glass of True Blood. It reminds me of the upcoming battle between *Spoiler Alert* Sookie, Eric, and Company vs. Bill Compton (Billith).

2. Dame- Shaggy ft. Kat Deluna
        If most of you have not heard of this song, then my friends you are missing out on a truly devoted summer song. Everything about this song radiates summer time, from its tropical beats to the Jamaican feel the singer adds to the song it just screams summer.

3. Nothing Else Matters- Max Graham ft. Ana Criado
        Nothing gets me in the mood more than a good dance/trance song to get me out and about the town. Dancing in the summer time is a family tradition for me and a good dance song gets me out on the floor. I can already see myself now, blasting this song on the beach with the onlookers looking at me like a mad woman as I bob my head up and down to the beat.....Hey, gotta burn those calories somehow!

4. Now or Never- Outasight
         This song is a bit on the cheesy side but it does deliver a good message. "It's now or never" as they quote oh so frequently on the song, but blasting this song as I drive pass the beaches with my friends makes me want to scream out the lyrics with the song. "It's now or never and I'm about to get mine"!

5. The Rapture- The Pass
          A friend recently turned me on to this song and boy am I glad he did! The beats throughout the song have a cool, summer time feel to them and while the song is short it does manage to make me sway from side to side.

6. I Love It- Icona Pop
           Ah, nothing says summer time like a good F the world song. When I sing this song (admit it we have all sang this song alone in our rooms or in public) it makes me think of any person who has ever wronged me and I just think of where I am now and how much better off I am. Keep this song in mind when working out in the summer or just tanning in the sun, trust me it will empower you in so many different ways. I Love It!

7. Little Numbers- Boy
           One of my favorite songs right now and a perfect summer time song. It has a light, summery feel to it and the vocals are just amazing. I could go on and on about this song, but give it a listen summer, winter, spring, or fall....trust me you will love it. Plus it will make you want to dance around where ever you are....so warn your coworkers or buddies!!!

8. Not in Love- Crystal Castles
           This has been my summer song for about two summers now and I believe I will keep it that way for many summers to come. It's a perfect break up song/ unrequited love song/ denial song. This song also happens to be another True Blood song for me (noticing a pattern here... I admit it I am a Trubie) but this song will hit everyone's music bone. It will get you moving, get you relaxed, or get you pumped for any summer time activity.

9. Bohemian Like You- The Dandy Warhols
            No matter what anyone says about this song, it is still one of my top ten songs on any list. It gets me excited, happy, and pumped for any situation. I always find myself singing this song to someone and it always gets a smile on their faces. So come on, give this song a try....Smiles guaranteed!

10. Deceptacon- Le Tigre
            Your welcome for showing you this song. I'm sure many of you have heard of this song but for those of you who haven't...your welcome. A great song all around and by the legendary Le Tigre it was destined to be a great song from the moment of creation. Bring the summer heat on with this song, I can take it!

Now keep these songs in mind if creating a summer playlist and soak up the rays. Have a fruity drink on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment